- Creating Brand Development – Creates and develops company brand that aligns with the organization’s mission statement
- Competitive Intelligence – Performs a multitude of research aimed at ensuring the firm’s foothold in the industry and to remain competitive in the marketplace.
- Public Relations – Represents the organization in the media, grants interviews in an effort to promote products, services or initiatives. Performs damage control in courting the press for the purpose of changing a negative opinion of his/her company with the cooperation of the internal or external public relations professionals.
The marketing manager is responsible for the growing revenue, increasing market share and contributing to the company’s growth and profitability. He/she is responsible for functions such as advertising, publications or events. He/she is responsible for all aspects of projects, including meeting deadlines, time management, contingency planning, approval channels and procedures, budgeting, campaign analysis, and tracking/monitoring procedures. His/her tasks include:
- Development of Marketing Strategy/Plan – He/She is responsible for developing or setting marketing strategy/plan in line with the overall company strategy and objectives. Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Management of the Marketing Mix – He/She is responsible for the development of all tangible elements that allow marketing of the product.
- Market Research – His/Her research helps the company identify market opportunities and gain a better understanding of customer needs.
- Communications – He/She is responsible for planning campaigns and developing communication materials to promote products and services to customers and prospects.
- Sales Support – He/She cooperates with the sales team for the improvement of sales performance and speed up business growth.
- Employee Management – He/She is responsible for employees within the department, assigns duties and set targets for the staff.
Educational Attainment: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Management and other business-related courses; Master’s Degree is an advantage.
Experiences: At least five (5) years’ experience in Marketing
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledgeable about the principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services.
- Strong analytical, project management skills and mathematical reasoning
- Critical Thinking, operation analysis, complex problem solving skills
- Strong persuasion, coordination, and negotiation skills
- Good in oral and written communication, reading comprehension and active listening skills
- Good Time Management
- Management of personnel resources (mentoring, monitoring)
- Management of financial resources
- Has confidence and with dynamic personality, social perceptiveness and service orientation
- Good customer service
- Computer literate (MS Office applications)